May 19, 2009

Baby shower



I am finally here to show you how the baby shower turned out. It was a ton of fun to get ready for and everything turned out great. We wish more people had been able to come but it was worth it just the same. I was tending to a one year old during the shower so I only got in a few snapshots but I wanted to share them just the same.

This is what I did for favors. You can find the pattern here *NOTE: it appears this link is not currently working-seems to be a problem with their website. I have scanned my copy of THEIR pattern and have linked to it at the end of this post.  Please note that this is not my pattern-just my copy of their pattern.  There are no instructions included.  These take a bit of time to make but are so worth it. I found that double sided tape works the best to hold the pieces together. The pattern recommends glue but it was too messy and took too long to dry. I used a small pink brad to hold the strap in place. I found some pacifier shaped candy to fill them with. They turned out really cute.
As one of the shower games we wrote baby advice for the mom to be. I found this diaper card template here. I punched 2 holes in the overlapping part of the diaper and tied them with pink and white ribbon. You could use these for invites or thank yous too. The other game we played was a bingo game while the mom to be opened her gifts. Get bingo cards here. Each guest fills out their card with things they think will be opened as gifts. As the gifts are opened they cross off things on their card to get a bingo and a prize.

We had a lite lunch served at the shower. We had chicken salad sandwiches (chopped chicken, chopped celery, halved grapes, miracle whip, salt and pepper) chips and veggies.
To drink I found a strawberry daiquiri recipe (non-alcoholic of course) and just made a quadrupled batch. Super yummy.

Finally for dessert regular old cupcakes with a creamy lemonade frosting. You use 1 package of cream cheese (room temp), 1/2 cup butter (room temp), 3 tbsp thawed lemonade concentrate, and 3 cups of powdered sugar. I really loved the frosting; not to sweet and a bit tart. I dusted the tops with clear sanding sugar because it makes everything look sparkly.
One other thing that we did that I didn't get to take a picture of was we put up a clothes line and the mom to be brought some baby girl outfits and hair bows she had already received to display. What group of women does not love to ooh and aah over little baby clothes.


Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

34 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Heather! This is right out of a magazine. Everything is adorable and so perfect! It makes me want to throw a baby shower and attempt this myself...although I wouldn't even be able to come close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! So cute. Love the little shoes :) The clothesline is a great idea, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the shower went great! The little shoes are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! Those little shoes!!! That might be the cutest baby shower idea I've ever seen! I love how you put them on the cake stand! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks amazing...great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do I get the pattern for this? My daughter is pregnant and I want to make these - they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is the link for the http://www.lovebugscrapbooking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5043baby shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made 60 of the baby shoes for a friends baby shower! Thanks for the idea! I did have a little trouble using the glue dots. I used a hot glue gun and had great success! Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came to your blog via Pinterest. Brilliant idea on the baby shoes favours!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute ideas next shower will be doing that thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable party! I pinned it on my baby shower board so more people would find your pics.

    If you would rather I didn't, just contact me via the addy posted on the footer of my website and I'll take it right down.

    Jan
    Baby Girl Nursery Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where do you get the baby bootie pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I tried opening the pattern for the bootie but it didn't work.
    do you have any suggestions for me?
    Thank you, my email is
    belkycita @ gmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please send me the bootie pattern to my email. I cannot open the link either.

    brittany0401@gmail.com

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to have the bootie pattern also. My e-mail is lmccarty89@aol.com. Thank you so much for the wonderful ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi i just love your booties please could you send me the templete thanks

    sarahgray118@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also would love the pattern for the booties. By e-mail is tamga33@yahoo.com

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Love the baby shoes. I am giving a shower for my daughter who is having her first. It's a girl. Could you send me the pattern for the shoes also.
    Thanks, Judy
    lennylubrano@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could not find your e-mail address to ask for the pattern for the shoes. Please advise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added my contact information to my "about" page for future reference as I realized that it might be a bit confusing trying to find me-so thanks for the heads up. You can e-mail me at smallfryandco@gmail.com

      Delete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can you fwd the shoe template to my email. Adriana.alvarez@ideapublicschools.com.
    Thank you great ideas

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heather, could you please tell me what material you used for the baby booties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used regular old scrapbook paper-the cardstock weight.

      Delete
  24. I love your shoes for the baby shower. I can't get the pattern to come up. Can you e-mail a copy to me. garfieldcar@dalhart.k12.tx.us

    Thanks
    Carole Garfield

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi can u plz email me template for bootie as well rdrgzdaniella@Aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello could you email me as well raquelflores1031@gmail.com tjanms!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's a nice baby shower ideas especially the booties.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would also love to have it. Onthgomom3@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks delicious! This will go very well with my baby shower ideas for girls. I can’t wait to start planning. Thanks heaps for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Is there a special material you recommend for the little shoes? could you please send me the template? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, if you want to e-mail me at smallfryandco@gmail.com I can send you the template. I used cardstock to make the ones I did. You need something a bit sturdy. Thanks.

      Delete
  31. I made the shoes using the attached pattern. Yes it is time consuming but so worth it. just darling!!! I enlarged the pattern tho to make a slightly bigger shoe. I'm going to fill the little shoes with the nuts and mints and put them at guest's places (we are having the shower at a restaurant) that and a cute diaper cake.... ADORABLE!!! Thank you for the post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...