It worked but not on what I thought it would work on.
I found this idea on Pinterest from the blog One Good Thing by Jillee. She showed how she cleaned her cookie sheets by using a mixture of baking soda and peroxide. Her results were amazing. I have well used cookie sheets and thought they might like a little sprucing up. So I tried it and it worked kind of but not like her results did. I abandoned the project after two cookie sheets and decided the well used look works for me. She didn't say how long she let it sit so perhaps had I left it for longer it would have worked better. But I was determined to have it work on something so I decided to try it out on my stove top burner pans (please don't judge-cleaning these is not my favorite thing at all). This is the before:
And this is the after. And by after I mean after I let it sit for about 5 minutes and then washed and scrubbed off with a scouring pad. It was much easier to clean than any other method I have tried before. With the first swipe with a rag a bunch of the grime came off. I did have to scrub because these were pretty bad but I didn't have to work harder than I have had to previously so I think it was a big success.
Beware of the gritty film that will be left all over everything if you decide to rub this on all your surfaces. I didn't purposely do that but I was careless in the whole process so I ended up with baking soda on parts of my counters and I had the darndest time getting them clean. I had to pour vinegar on them to finally get the baking soda off so beware.