Nov 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Paper Bag Ideas

Yep, I am still crazy about paper bag craft projects. Here are a couple I came up with for Thanksgiving. I came across this style of paper bag purse while blog surfing after sweet pea was born. I apologize to the original creator of these. I can't remember where I saw it. If it was you please leave a comment and let me know so I can give you the credit.
Instead of cutting the paper bag off like I have done with previous purses, you just fold it down to make a flap. Then you decorate the flap.
Wouldn't these be cute for a take home gift after Thanksgiving dinner, or at a children's table with goodies inside?

This turkey pattern is from an old issue of Paper Crafts Magazine.
I decided to use a piece of my otherwise useless self-adhesive velcro (which I hate) to secure the flap. This velcro works great for paper projects but not for sewing.
Here is how to fold your bag.
No cutting necessary unless you want to make it smaller.
Here's another one using a Snip-it's pattern from Pebbles in my Pocket.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I love this!! so darn cute--I want that turkey--I have tons of paper bags so lets see if I make any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great ideas. I have some paper bags that are lunch size. How perfect!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!!!!!!! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...