Jun 13, 2011

Make Ahead Monday-Artisan Bread

This is a true make ahead recipe-because that is just what you have to do-make it ahead.  Artisan bread-you know like the fancy loaves you see in bakeries that usually are pricey.  Did you know you can make your own and it is really easy too?  This is a bit time consuming-you have to plan ahead (like overnight ahead) but the actual steps are simple.  If you are not a bread baker I highly recommend you give this a try.  There is nothing to it.  I don't know if you can mess it up.
For a basic recipe with great step by step pictures check out Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.  I can't remember if the link tells the exact water temp but just remember that warm water for yeast is between 110-115 degrees.
This is my bread just before baking.
 This is after (minus 2 pieces).  It was so delicious.  Plus I still have dough left over for two more loaves.  One for tomorrow and the next day I guess.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...