I'd like to take a minute and introduce you to my brain. It never shuts off and so when I am doing something completely normal like throwing away an empty cracker box, just as I am about to toss it into the trash I look at it once more:
and see this:
And the box is rescued and stashed away in my craft room with all the other containers that have given me a crafting vision. It is fantastic and exhausting because I have the hardest time throwing things away-seeing what they could become. I have way more supplies and ideas than I will ever have time to turn into creations but since I continue to pray for ideas to come I can't just brush them off and toss them. Someday every one of the boxes will become something awesome. You all are lucky enough to get to see this cracker boxes fate: and adorable Easter Bunny Door Hanger
Supplies for this project:
1 cracker box
white cardstock and milk carton template (see bottom for link)
adhesive backed fun foam (white and pink)
1. To begin measure up from the bottom of the box 2 inches and mark all the way across the box (it is hard to see on this picture but I do have a line across the width of the box).
2. Now turn the box to it's side and mark a 2 inch mark and then a 3 inch mark and draw a line attaching the 2 dots.
3. Cut along all the marked lines, and then cut off the remaining box front leaving you with a nifty little holder. Mark and cut out an oval shape to make it hangable (is that a word...it is now). (NOTE: this fits over some door knobs very easily and some not so easily so keep that in mind-you may want to adjust the shape of the hanger hole-but keep it an oval-it allows the hanger to slide to one side slightly to fit on a door knob better). After you have this done you can cut cardstock or scrapbook paper to fit over all parts of the holder.
5. Using the template provided, or create your own and trace the bunny ears onto the white fun foam.
10. Now slip these little bunnies into their comfy box.
"Hoppy" Easter everyone. Now go and share these with some "bunny" you love.
Also shared here: