May 14, 2013

Your Photo Studio - Giving You the Chance to Take Professional Looking Pictures

I love taking pictures of my kids.  With more than 13,000 digital files on my computer one might say I am a bit addicted.  But when you have cute kids what are you to do?  Well I have read many articles about making your pictures look more "professional" from camera settings, to lighting options, to making your own back drops.  There are so many things to try-sometimes it is a bit overwhelming. I have more than once thought, "Man if only I could go to ____________ and take my pictures there, I know I could take really cute pictures," or "If only I had the right lighting these would turn out so much better," or "Man I wish I had a cute backdrop to use-something that looks nicer than a sheet."  Well it just so happened that someone must have read my mind because not too long ago I got a message in my inbox about what I feel is the answer to all my photo shooting dilemmas it's called "Your Photo Studio".  What it is is a mini professional photo studio set up with backdrops, lighting and props all available for you to use.  The only thing you need to bring along is someone cute to take pictures of and your camera.  You can book in both 1/2 hour and 1 hour sessions.  You only pay to use the space.  Everything there is free for you to use.  You can use as many backdrops as you want and as many of their props.  You can bring your own props from home as well-pretty much anything (except food and pets).  The photo studio is located in Midvale, Ut at the Quilted Bear.  You can find out all about it on their website: Your Photo Studio.  The website shows you all of the options you will find in the studio, gives you photo ideas, gives a great tutorial on how to use the photo studio and lets you book a session online.  It is so super easy.  
I took my kiddos up this past weekend to test it out.  Now I have to say that even though this is a professional photo studio setting this does not mean that your kids will be magically transformed into perfect angels to have their pictures taken.  You will still want to plan the normal things one might plan for any photo shoot: make sure your kids are not tired, well fed, have plenty to drink and take plenty of bribes along.  I know this because I didn't do any of the above.  We don't live nearby so we traveled and spent the night with relatives and then traveled some more and by the time we got there everyone was hot, tired and hungry.  My little man has just learned to crawl so he did not want to cooperate, my little pumpkin had fallen the morning before and bruised her eye and had frazzled hair and my little Miss Small Fry thought her shirt was too itchy.  So the fact that I ended up with cute pictures at all was a miracle.  I loved all the backdrop options.  I wish I had the time to try every one of them.  And the props are really cool-great looking chairs, suitcases and tables.  Everything was really easy to use.  We had a 1 hour session and I managed to get pictures of all of my kids individually and a few group shots but like I said my little man was not having it.  I would love to add that I remained totally calm, cooled and collected through it all but that would be a big, fat, lie.  If I did it again (which I would love to) I think I would do individual 1/2 hour sessions for each kid and then use the end time for group shots (like book 3 sessions in a row).  I did feel a bit stressed with the time limit and that was a bit nerve racking.  After we left I was sure I didn't get a single good shot but when we got home and I got to look at all the pictures and do touch ups and things I was really, really happy with the way they turned out (even with frazzled hair).  Here are a few of my favorites:

This is 1 of 4 shots that I got of my little man before he wanted to take off.  I brought the wagon and props inside it from home.

My beautiful girls.  This aged wood backdrop is one of my favorites.  

This is the one of the only group shots that worked because my baby was so wiggly and cranky.  It is actually very true to how life is at our house-crazy.

This is the "my cheeks are hurting from smiling so much" look

I brought the purse and shoes from home too.  They have this beautiful big white back drop.  I love how these turned out.

Look how blue her eyes are.  

This is one of the suitcases they have in studio.  Wouldn't it look cute with a baby laying inside on a big fluffy blanket (and they do have lots of fluffy blankets there).

This is another one of their fun back drops.  I love blue and it sure helps to bring out my kids beautiful eyes.  

Doesn't this make you wish that you had a photo studio just like this near by.  I just absolutely love this idea. It gives anyone the chance to have great looking pictures without the cost of hiring a professional photographer.  I mean, you still have to know what you are doing (which I don't really know much about) but if you have a good camera and some fun ideas you can really end up with some super cute pictures.  Oh and did I mention that you can have anyone take the pictures so even if you don't feel confident as the photographer and you know someone who is-then take them along.  So many possibilities.  If you live anywhere nearby you have got to check this out.  It is probably a good thing I don't live so nearby because I might be tempted to take A LOT of pictures there.
Check out Your Photo Studio and start planning your session.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea! :) You got some cute shots!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...