Jan 24, 2009

Have you ever tried Frittata?

I know, I know, this is my third post today. What is going on? Well what is going on is that daddy is home today cause it is Saturday and that means that mommy gets a little break occasionally and I just had all this new and great stuff that I wanted to share.
I know that I already tried a new recipe for this week but I was just on a roll and wanted to try another one. So I made a potato frittata for brunch today. I didn't like the directions given in the recipe (too confusing) so I will share it with everyone and try and make it easier to follow. This is kind of like an omlette/breakfast skillet just with a fancier name. Don't be scared of it's name.
The recipe: (p.s this is to make enough for 2, well if you are small eaters 4, I guess)
4 eggs
1/4 cup water
1 cup frozen hashbrowns ( I used a few more)
1/4 cup chopped onion and green pepper
8 thin slices of pepperoni (I used chopped ham instead)
1 small tomato chopped and seeded
1/4 cup shredded cheese (you can use what ever kind you want. I used cheddar)
Beat eggs and water and season with salt and pepper.
Heat a 8 inch non-stick skillet over medium high heat. (I put 2 tbsp of canola oil in mine). Saute potatoes, peppers and onions until tender.
Here are mine. I sauted until the potatoes were a bit crisp.

Pour egg mixture over potato mixture. As the the mixture sets gently pull back the edges with a spatula and let the uncooked egg run underneath. You will want to do this around the whole edge otherwise it will take forever to cook or you will risk it not cooking in the middle at all. When potato/eggs are almost set sprinkle with meat. Here is mine before I added the meat.

Now here is where the recipe got tricky. It said to broil the whole thing for 2 minutes but I had started cooking mine in a pan with a plastic handle and I can't put that in the oven to broil. So if you want to do the remaining steps in the broiler you will need to use a pan that can be put in the oven. I just did the rest of mine on the stove top and covered it with a lid. It took a bit longer to cook but turned out fine.

Sprinkle tomato and cheese over potato/eggs. Cover with lid and cook until cheese is melted and eggs are set. Make sure the eggs are fully cooked. Here is mine before the cheese melted and after and the finished product.



Comments from my husband, "This is pretty good honey." I really liked it. It was really easy to make and a bit fancier than a plain omlette. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Yes! I think you should do 3 posts EVERY day! I love it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I am not commenting on your food although it does look yummy! Do you remember me? Amanda Hall, from the summer of 01 at BYU. I sure hope so, because I won't ever forget you. Your family is beautiful! You look sooo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like something that Kelly would enjoy! Maybe I will have to surprise him and try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! You can come and cook for me any time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this looks pretty good
    Will have to try it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...