Aug 14, 2009

Popsicle cookies

My mother in law was on a cleaning spree (insert chuckles from all those who know her because we all know exactly what that means) and was needing to find a new home for this pan.

A Popsicle cupcake pan. It was brand new and I was more than willing to give it a home. When I looked at it closely I wasn't sure how cupcakes would work in it as the individual spots are not that deep. But I had a better idea; cookies. So I whipped up a batch of sugar cookie dough from a package (shh don't tell anyone) and divided the dough into the pan, pressing down each one to make sure the mold was filled. Then I baked them for 12 minutes. I was not impressed with the design of the pan because there is no place to insert a Popsicle stick while it is baking. So when I took the pan out I had to dump the cookies onto a cooling rack and immediately insert sticks. I wasn't sure how they would turn out once cooled. And even though they were a bit cracked, they held the sticks pretty well and once frosted, they looked nothing but totally delicious and ohh so cute.


They taste great too I might add. (I think real Popsicles are definetely lower in calories and don't include the temptation to eat the dough) How fun are these???? Thanks Teri for thinking of me during one of your cleaning sprees.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. I think these are just darling - what a cute idea. I just would like to see a picture of your darling daughter eating one - I am feeling very deprived of curret Allie pictures. The garden stuff looks great, itsn't it wonderful to have a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those!! I have never seen that kind of pan. Turned out very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! I want one of those pans. :-) Is there a special place we can go to find unique cupcake pans? lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...