Feb 7, 2010

In case I am not the last person on earth

Occasionally I come across things either on my own or via someones blog, an Internet search or a recommendation and I think, "wow this is the greatest thing ever. I wonder how long this has been around before I found out about it?" I always feel like I must be the last person on earth to know about things. But just in case I am not the last person on earth and one of you out there hasn't heard about any of these things either, I am here to help. Just wanted to share some recent and not so recent things I have found that are really cool that you should check out if you haven't ever heard of them before.
First: If you are like me then you are always on the look out for a cute new font for your computer. Look no further. Go to http://www.kevinandamanda.com/fonts/ for some super cute free fonts. The best part is they have an option to download them all at once instead of one at a time and that is such a bonus. She also has a tutorial on how to make it possible to use the cute fonts on your blog. I tried, but that was WAY out of my league and I finally gave up that project. But I do use all the cute fonts on all my word documents, cards, signs, everything I print off my computer.
Second: I just found this blog-romantic ideas, and love dove stuff all on a budget. Lots of cute ideas at this blog. Go here http://loveactually-blog.blogspot.com/ She has stuff you can buy and then lots of cute ideas for stuff to make and do. I know I can always use some help coming up with something new to spice up my marriage. Maybe I could leave sticky notes with the blog address all over the house and my husband would get the hint that he should check it out too?Third: This one mostly applies to the Mormon crowd-though not entirely because this website has downloads that are not just LDS related. Talk about a great place to find really cute, downloadable clipart for a really great price. Green Jello with Carrots is the place to go. Oh they have really cute things from paper dolls, bingo games, coloring pages, FHE file folders activities, talks for children, handouts for classes-well you just have to go check it out. You pay for it online and download it to your computer then print it off. When I bought a set of paper dolls for $3.95 I was able to download it 3 times. How great is that? And I wasn't together enough to do this, but if you buy $4.00 worth of stuff on Fridays, they have great freebies you can download too. This is so fun. Such great stuff. You have to go and see. Go here http://greenjellowithcarrots.com/products/ to go right to their shop.
Fourth: If you are a crock pot cooker have you heard of A Year of Slow Cooking? She cooked using her crockpot at least once a day for a whole year and blogged the whole thing. Here is a blog with a ton of recipes. I haven't spent a lot of time looking at her blog, but I have been thinking more and more about crockpot recipes and she always comes to my mind. Go here
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ to check out her blog.
And while you are thinking about crock pot recipes let me share with y0u a quick and easy one:
Swiss Cheese Chicken with Dressing
(this is enough for 2 people-double for 4 people etc)
2 chicken breasts
2 slices Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 cups dry stuffing mix
1/4 butter melted
salt and pepper
Place chicken breast in crock pot (i even put mine in frozen). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour chicken broth and soup over chicken breasts. Place a cheese slice on each chicken breast. Pour stuffing over top of everything. Pour melted butter over stuffing mix. Cook for 3 hours on high (may need a bit longer depending on the intensity of your crockpot-mine cooks fast).
Fifth: If you are looking for some cute downloadable and printable Valentines I just found these via One Pretty Thing. I printed off a sheet for niece and nephew and cut them out to make them into a little book. I think they are some of the cutest printable Valentines I have seen.

Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

  1. That love actually one is great! You're def not the last one to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm... I have that recipe for Swiss Chicken and I love it! It is so yoummy! Now that you mentioned it, I will have to make it! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of the great idea sights. I love the place for downloading clipart. Now that I am in Nursery, this place will come in handy.
    I also found the place for the Fonts and love them. I use them for school things all the time. The only problem was after I down loaded them I forgot where I got them from! Now I remember.
    The recipe sounds yummy. I might just have to surprise Kelly with that one one night.
    If all goes well on this end, we will probably come to GR this weekend. Hopefully all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about the fonts site so thanks for sharing. Love, Actually I recently discovered too over the last month or so. Love it!! I am going to check-out the slow cooker site too. Someone told me a while back about it and I forgot, so thanks for bringing it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey post the Chicken Parmesean recipe you made for my birthday. It was delicious. Thanks for a nice birthday dinner and visit. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...