May 3, 2010

A cooking competition for moms

Do you ever watch Ultimate Recipe Showdown on the Food Network or any of those other cooking competition shows? Occasionally I do. Ultimate Recipe Showdown is my favorite because it is with regular Joes like you and me cooking and I can really relate to that. Well I think I have come up with the next big cooking competition show idea-The Homemakers Challenge. A cooking competition in which the competitors have to prepare, cook and present a meal for a family in a given amount of time (about 1 and 1/2 hours) while completing a list of tasks that need attention at the same time like:
change the babies diaper
answer the phone and take a message for your spouse
run to the basement to get a missing ingredient that you don't have room for in your kitchen
clear off the dinner table
turn the sprinklers on or off
find a missing toy for a child
wipe a runny nose
keep the baby happy now that his or her diaper has been changed
keep a toddler happy but out from underneath your feet while cooking
wash a dish or two that are needed for the meal preparation
thaw, warm, or cook something in the microwave
get a drink for a child
set the table
cook with a child on your hip for a portion of the competition time
(I am sure none of you ever do these things right??)
Then of course have the meal ready to serve on time, still tasting delicious and looking the same also. Now there is a competition for you!! I think mostly women would win because lets face it-men weren't born to multi task. Pay me $25,000 to win something like that. At least you earned your money in that kind of a competition.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I love this! That is exactly what it is like for me to prepare dinner. And men definitely cannot multi-task. At least my husband, anyways.

    Oh, and I found your blog through U-Create. I love your diaper/wipes carrier!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...