Jun 11, 2010

One more recipe

When I was typing up my recipes post I knew I had one more to share but couldn't think of what it was at the time but it came to me this morning: Berry Cream Muffins. I found this recipe in a Taste of Home Cookbook. These are perfect right out of the oven or shortly there after but are not good the next day. The recipe makes 2 & 1/2 dozen muffins so what I do is 1/2 the recipe then I bake only about 6 muffins to eat right away and I put the rest in the muffin pan (in liners) and put it right in the freezer. After they are frozen solid I put them in a plastic bag. This way I can pull out as many as I want to bake as needed and they are always fresh. Here is the recipe. This is the best I have tasted.

Berry Cream Muffins (full recipe)
4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp bkg pwd
1 tsp bkg soda
1 tsp salt
3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
4 eggs lightly beaten
2 cups sour cream
1 cup veg oil
1 tsp vanilla
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add berries and toss gently. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two thirds full. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea to freeze the muffins, but how do you cook them? Defrost, put straight in the oven, cook longer, higher temp, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this recipe and your freezing tip. I'm so excited-thank you for sharing! Found your blog while googling projects-love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...