Aug 3, 2010

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

If you are like me then maybe this year when you were planting your garden you said "last year my zucchini plants didn't grow a single thing and I am not letting that happen to me this year," so you planted 4 plants instead of 1 and if you are like me then all of your zucchini plants are healthy, robust, zucchini producing machines and you are therefore desperate for any recipes to help you use up your ever growing pile of green. Well if you are like me then you will like this newest recipe I just discovered: Blueberry Zucchini Bread

Blueberry Zucchini Bread
3 cups flour (I use 1 cup whole wheat and 2 cups all purpose)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
1 cup blueberries
Grease your loaf pans. Preheat oven to 325. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients. (I sift mine as I am adding them). Stir until combined. Your batter will be very thick and you will double check the recipe to see if you missed something but let me assure you that as soon as you add the zucchini it will be plenty moist. Stir in zucchini and blueberries. Pour into pans. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. (well that is how long it takes in my oven.). Cool in pan on a rack for 20 mins. Turn out and cool completely. The top is crunchy, the inside moist. I add a few extra blueberries. It is so delicious. Another yummy way to use zucchini.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Sounds soooo good!! But alas.... I am not like you, and did not plant a garden.... in fact, my seeds are sitting on the kitchen window sill, and we are zuchinniless.... Saving this recipe for later though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My zucchini is still missing in action! For some reason, in the NW this year, even my experienced gardner friends are having a bad year with everything producing. (Glad it is not just me!)
    Anyways--I have been making banana bread instead, and adding in fresh blueberries and substituting regular white flour for whole wheat flour. And I have been baking it in a bundt pan for a more "cake" look. It is SOOOO good!!! :-) Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...