Aug 19, 2010

Easy Mini Blueberry Pies

Here's a quick and easy idea. I had some extra blueberries to use up and wanted to make some mini pies. I didn't want to make pie crust but I had some sugar cookie dough in the freezer I needed to use up. I let it thaw and then rolled it out to a 1/4 inch thickness. I used my biscuit cutter to cut 12 pieces. I sprayed the cups in a muffin pan and then placed each cookie piece in a muffin cup and pressed it down into the bottom to form a little cup. I made a simple blueberry pie filling by adding some sugar, flour, and cinnamon to my blueberries and spooned this into the cups. You could use premade pie filling or precooked pie filling too. Then I baked them at 350 for about 15-18 minutes (long enough for the cookie cups to get brown and the pie filling to cook). This is how they turned out. This is how I ate mine-with a dollop of whip cream on top
This is how my husband ate his-with a huge mound of mint chocolate chip ice cream along side.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...