Feb 5, 2011

Ruffle skirt question


A friend asked me about how well this skirt holds up after being washed since the ruffles are not hemmed. I threw this skirt in the wash (with my hubby's jeans just to add a little extra wear and tear) and this is how it came out-pretty much looking exactly like it went in. The only thing that frayed was the jeans part on the inside. I will not guarantee that your ruffles will not fray; it probably depends on what fabric you use-but these from old t-shirts worked great.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this! I have a six year old daughter who will NOT wear overalls. So I took hers, decorated them for Valentine's with ruffles and ruffles, and was going to sell them. Well come to find out she loves them now. So I'll be adding ruffles to lots of her clothes! :) Just a little tip though tshirt knits usually don't ever fray unless they are snagged. The jeans usually do, but nothing a little trimming won't take care of. Thanks for the tutorial! I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...