Mar 21, 2011

Make Ahead Monday: Breakfast Burritos

My poor husband usually has to settle for a bowl of cereal in the morning for breakfast.  I am just never ready to make a full breakfast before the time he has to go to work.  I have been trying to come up with a few things that he can warm  up quickly or that I can pop into the oven for him in the morning.  These are one of those "perfect" ideas.  Breakfast burritos.  You can find a recipe for these from this great Make Ahead Meals blog.  I made ours with basic things that we normally eat: eggs, bacon, onions, peppers and cheese.  Roll them up as you would a normal burrito only wrap them in plastic wrap and put them in a Ziplock bag and freeze them.  When you need one, microwave it for about 1 1/2 mins then turn and microwave for another minute.  Breakfast is served!!  Perfect for breakfasts on the go too.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I love Make Ahead Mondays! we've been buying frozen breakfast sandwiches for my hubby, and this will be so much cheaper and healthier! Never even crossed my mind!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...