Jun 2, 2011

Giant Marshmallow Rice Krispie Pops

Have you seen these where you live (you can't tell from the picture but these are giant marshmallows-like twice the size of a regular marshmallow).  They are great for campfires and giant smores but I wanted to think of something else that you could do with these.  My first thought was a backwards rice krispie (with the rice krispies on the outside of the marshmallow).  Well I decided to give it a try and see how they turned out.

I stared by putting my marshmallow on a popsicle stick.
 Then I made my regular rice krispy treats (only I used less cereal than usual so that it was nice and sticky).
 I sprayed my hands with cooking spray and used a spoon to put a big dollop of cereal on the marshmallow and then pressed it around with my hand. I dipped the top in sprinkles while it was still sticky.
 Here is the upside down view.
 The result is giant rice krispie marshmallow pops.  These are definitely for people who love marshmallows and need to get a sugar high but I think they turned out really cute.
 Package some up for your 4th of July celebrations this summer.
Happy sweetness.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. I think they would like on a birthday party table or 4th of July! Stick the sticks (LOL) into a Styrofoam ball! Now to figure out how to keep that all upright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister found some chocolate ones here in NC. I think I will try these with the chocolate ones too. Thanks!

    Beth
    Gentry

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love your blog. I have been reading it for awhile now. I have two girls who are really close in age to yours. Sydney (3) and Samantha (1.5). Thanks for sharing all of your ideas with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...