Aug 29, 2011

Make Ahead Monday: Watermelon Lemonade

Tis the season for watermelon and I just hate to see it go to waste.  Our farmers at our local melon stand gave my husband a gigantic watermelon (more than would fit in my largest bowl when cut up..I know, I know, what is a girl to do).  So I did a search and found this watermelon and strawberry lemonade recipe and it is soooooooooooo good and refreshing and yummy.  The only thing I changed was I added a bit of lemonade drink powder to give it a tiny bit more tang.  It stayed good in the fridge for 3 days but you could easily pour this into ice cube trays and freeze it and then slush them later on, or fill a cup and thaw it out, or fill a cup and pour a bit of 7-up on top.  This is super yummy (oh and it makes a large batch so use your largest pitcher).

Want another watermelon drink recipe, try this watermelon slush recipe.  It is similar to the lemonade but doesn't have the strawberries.  It is good to freeze ahead too.

What I love about both of these is if you make them and freeze them you can have the summer goodness last into fall.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...