Feb 26, 2009

New Recipes

I am behind on posting my new recipes for this week and yes I have more than one. This week I tried out 3 new recipes but only 2 of them were keepers. I decided it is not worth it to post all of the steps on how to make these so I am just going to share the recipe, my changes/additions and a picture of my finished product.

Sliced Baked Potatoes
4 medium potatoes
1 tsp salt
2-3 TBSP melted butter
2-3 TBSP chopped fresh herbs
4 TBSP grated cheddar cheese
1 1/2 TBSP Parmesan cheese

-Peel potatoes if the skin is tough, otherwise scrub, rinse and pat dry.
-Cut potatoes into think slices but not all the way through. Use a handle of a spoon to prevent knife from cutting all the way.
-Place potatoes in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter. I would use olive oil next time instead of butter. Sprinkle with herbs.
-Bake potatoes at 425 F for about 50 minutes.
-Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheeses and return to oven until cheese is melted. I sprinkled mine with bacon bits first and then cheese.

Grilled Pork Chops
1/2 cup miracle whip (or mayo)
1 TBSP lime juice
1 TBSP fresh chopped cilantro
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tsp chili powder
4 bone in pork chops or you could use boneless
Blend first 5 ingredients together. Put pork chops on the grill and brush each side with the sauce while grilling. Grill chops until they reach an internal temp of 150 F. I brushed some of the sauce on each side of the pork chops before we put them on the grill and let them kind of marinate. This sauce is delicious. I think it would be good on grilled chicken too.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...