Oct 11, 2009

Ode to a friend and a muffin recipe

I was doing my usual Sunday evening blog check; checking my friends and families blogs (most of which are not updated nearly enough hint hint) and I was pleasantly surprised to find a bunch of new posts on my friend Tali's blog. She had a post about a yummy pumpkin muffin recipe. Normal for a lot of us I know, but from Tali-people let me tell you this is coming from the girl who I visited in Dallas years ago who had canisters on her counter and absolutely nothing in them. I think her spice cupboard contained salt and pepper. I never even thought there were people that didn't have flour and sugar in their kitchen but apparently it was possible because she was doing it. I used to give her all kinds of recipes and bought her cookbooks because I just knew some day she would break out that little domestic side and shock me. And that time has arrived!!!! Tali, I just want to say, I always knew it was possible and I always knew you had it in you. And the same goes for every other women out there that says that they are not domestic. I believe it is in there somewhere, just tucked away waiting for the right time to be discovered.
Her post about yummy pumpkin muffins reminded me that I wanted to share a pumpkin muffin recipe I tried yesterday (keeping with my pumpkin craving theme). A couple of interesting notes about this recipe:
-it called for 13 cups of sugar which I determined was 1/3 cup
-and it told me to line 12 muffins cups and then at the end of the recipe tells me it will make 18 muffins. I learned it -will make about 15 muffins. (I made 12 regular muffins and about 6 mini ones).
Spiced Pumpkin Muffins
2 cups flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup pumpkin
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
Preheat oven to 400. Grease or line muffin cups. Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet in another. Add wet to dry and mix until moist. Fill muffin cups and bake 15-20 mins.
You could add chocolate chips if you wish. My husband thinks every bread like item should have chocolate chips. These are not too sweet, not too pumpkiny-just perfect.

Thanks Tali for the inspiration.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Heather! I feel so famous -- I got my name in lights on your blog! Yes, you are remembering correctly...there wasn't a whole lot of cooking or baking going on during my days (years) in Dallas! Salt and pepper was about it in terms of spices and sugar, flour, and anything else was simply non-existent. Those were the days! :) Just kidding. I like these days much better. Get this...yesterday, I made homemade rolls for Sunday dinner. I know! Okay, comment is getting a little long. This was fun. Oh, and your trip to Dallas is one of my best memories -- so fun! -- Tali

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...