Jun 7, 2011

Make Ahead Monday (I mean Tuesday)

Sorry about being a day late with this post.  Let's just pretend it is Monday for a minute OK. 
Monday's are a beast at the best of times-waking up to an alarm, getting on schedule, work, school, housework.  I am not a huge fan of making breakfast on most days but especially not Monday's.  So when I was searching for a recipe for this week and came across sweet potato pancake mix that you make the night before I thought it would be perfect-one less thing to do Monday morning.
The Recipe: (courtesy of Deceptively Delicious)
1/2 cup pureed sweet potatoes
1 cup pancake mix
1 cup water
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I used cinnamon sugar-and I added a generous 1 tsp)
Mix all ingredients together (batter should be lumpy).  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Cook as you would normal pancakes. 
These were a huge hit.  I was prepped with a new name for them (pumpkin bread pancakes is what I was going to call them because I was worried small fry would notice they looked different-but she didn't notice a difference and gobled them up so fast).  They were super good.
I didn't have any sweet potatoes, but I did have a can of yams.  I drained off most of the liquid and then pureed them in my blender (you may need to add some additional water so that they will blend). 
 Mix them in your blender.  Save the rest for another sweet potato recipe (have you ever tried sweet potato bread-yummy!!!!).
I doubled the recipe and ended up with enough batter for Monday and Tuesday-and these were so good I don't mind eating them twice!!
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...