Sep 6, 2011

Repurpose a Tablecoth and Trim a Tree meet

I know it seems kinda crazy to think about Christmas posts at this time of year but I wanted to share a sneak peak of an upcoming idea mainly because if anyone else wants to get in on the project now is the time to buy the materials (okay well it is for those of us who are about to make a seasonal change to fall and winter with cooler temps). 
Over the next few months I am introducing a new series called "Trim a Tree."  This is project number 1 of that series and also happens to be a tablecloth repurpose project as well.  Can you guess what it is going to be from the picture?  Yep- you were right a tree skirt.  If you want to make one then head to your local big box store right now and pick up a round table cloth (before they are put away), pick up about 4 or 5 yards of trim ( I love these pom poms-found them at Hobby Lobby) and find something for the backing.  I happened to find a round fabric tablecloth at my thrift store but I was looking for one of those hotel type blankets (you know the kind that are so darn awful itchy you can't stand to have them touch your skin).  I was sure our thrift store would be loaded with them.  I was wrong.  
Anyway pick up your supplies now and stay tuned for a tutorial.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...