Dec 5, 2011

Make Ahead Monday-Heavenly Cheesecake 2 Holiday Ways

2
A long time ago I shared a recipe for the most divine (and can I say super simple) cheesecake ever (in my opinion...Recipe here)  This year for Thanksgiving I wasn't in the mood to make pies (very abnormal for me) but my husband suggested instead that we have candy cane cheesecake (which I am always in the mood for...Recipe here) then in the same breath he suggested pumpkin cheesecake ALSO.  I had actually contemplated trying to turn my favorite cheesecake recipe into a pumpkin version so I was up for that challenge.  So we had both. 
I made half the crust recipe using graham crackers (this would be for the pumpkin version-though I think gingersnaps would make an awesome crust) and then I made the other half using Oreo's (thin mints would be great too).  I halved the filling recipe and divided that half in half again (so now I had 2 bowls of filling).  In one bowlI mixed up the candy cane version (see recipe link above) and the other bowl I added: 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.  That is it.  You can play around with the proportions of pumpkin and spice but I like having less actual pumpkin and more of the spice.  I put both cheesecakes into round aluminum foil pans and refrigerated all morning and let me tell you they were both so heavenly but the pumpkin was by far my favorite.  Probably is my new favorite dessert.  I know that "pumpkin" season is passed but what the heck, break out a can and make this-you won't be  disappointed.  Both of these last in the fridge for 3 or 4 days (if you haven't eaten them all immediately).  I have never tried freezing it so if anyone has, let me know.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...