Jan 9, 2012

Make Ahead Monday- Twice Baked Potatoes

Last week I posted about a make ahead inspired by the blog A Turtles Life For Me  and this week I wanted to share one more idea that is very much worth your time inspired by the same blog.  She showed this picture:
These are twice baked potatoes wrapped in plastic wrap in the freezer.  I love twice baked potatoes but usually never have time to make them.  Also I don't know about you but I don't have the greatest potato storage conditions and therefore my potatoes don't last as long as I would like.  I am always thinking of a way to use them up more effectively.  Well I thought this idea was fabulous but would they really taste good?  The answer is YES YES YES.  They taste just the same as if you had made them fresh.  The texture is the same...everything.  I whipped up a cookie sheet of these one afternoon.  I added sour cream, bacon bits, chives and salt and pepper, oh and of course butter to the potato filling.  I topped them with cheese before freezing but discovered it would be better to just add the cheese before baking.  Place them stuffed potatoes on a cookie sheet and freeze until firm (so that means you don't bake them the second time yet).  When firm wrap each in plastic wrap and put in a baggie.  So easy to pull out and warm up for dinner and so fancy too.  Love this idea.  Go and try it.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I never make twice baked potatoes bc they take so long. I am totally doing this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...