Jan 14, 2013

Love Bugs: A Super Easy Valentine for Kids


I made these a couple of years ago and thought nothing of them but they have become a favorite Valentines Day game (often requested at all times of the year) and so I thought I would share them with you-they are Valentines Love Bugs.  I found smooth, flat stones and painted them white and then painted pink bug bodies on them.  When that paint was dry I drew legs, a head, antennas and heart spots on them with a Sharpie.  I used a white paint pen to make the eyes but even Whiteout would work.  I put them all in this cute little pail.  Every Valentines I get these out so we can play the love bug game.  To play each kid takes a turn hiding the love bugs all over the living room and then then other has to find them and fill the pail.  Then we repeat-over and over and over.  It is a great game to play when kids say, "mom will you play with me" because it doesn't involve wrestling, or dressing tiny dolls or laying on a hard floor (though I love all of those things-at times).  The kids love finding crazy places to put these and it is so fun to watch one sister squirm as she is sworn to secrecy over where she hid the love bugs.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Really cute idea! My kids would love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this adorable idea! My first grade class had so much fun, they decided to make a set for all the kindergarten and first grade classes! Thanks again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...