Jul 15, 2013

Make Monday: Easy Peach Crescent Rolls


 I am going to admit that I pretty much hate having to make breakfast and lunch.  Trying to figure out what to make, the time it takes, the dishes etc.  The biggest of those problems is trying to figure out what to make.  What I usually end up doing it making pancakes or waffles (again) because they are easy and I can't ever think of something else.  Well, in order to combat that problem I decided to come up with a breakfast menu.  Now I used to be one of those people that refused to use a menu because I felt like it was too restricting.  "What if I don't feel like making that" or "what if it no longer sounds good?"  But once I started using a menu for my dinner meals I found that instead of it being restricting it was actually very freeing.  "What do I make for dinner tonight?  Oh let me just look at my menu."  So I decided that I needed to do the same thing for breakfast (and eventually for lunch).  What I did was went through all my recipes, plus added all my usual stand by's and put them into a list.  Then I got a calender and started penciling in recipes-a different one everyday (except cereal , muffins and omelette repeat).  The plan is to go through my list of recipes without repeating until I get through all the recipes, then I will start again.  Now when I start again-some of the recipes won't be repeated (cause they weren't that good) and I will replace those with something new.

So far this has been wonderful-no wondering what to make for breakfast.  The only problem I have run into is that I am not used to prep work for breakfast so I don't always read recipes in enough advance to get things ready and then I am in a pinch to come up with something different.  This recipe is the result of one of those mornings of lack of preparation.  I was supposed to make apple pie fries (which I still want to make because they look so yummy) but I didn't have pie crust ready or bought and so I quickly created an equally delicious breakfast recipe using a can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls that I had on hand.

The recipe:
1 can Crescent Rolls
1 fresh peach
Cinnamon Sugar
2 tbsp melted butter

Frosting:
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Begin by preheating your oven to the recommended temperature.  Spray your pan with cooking spray.  Peel a fresh peach and slice into 8 slices.  Sprinkle the peach slices generously with cinnamon sugar.  Open up crescent rolls and separate into 8 pieces.  Place one slice of peach on the wide end of the dough and roll up.  Place in pan.  Repeat with each piece of dough.  Sprinkle all of the crescent rolls with cinnamon sugar and drizzle with melted butter.  Bake according to package directions (they should be nice and golden brown).  Remove from oven and let cool slightly while making the frosting.  The frosting needs to be thin enough to pour but not super runny.  You may need to add powdered sugar or more milk (depending).  Drizzle frosting over the crescent rolls.  Serve while warm.  These are sweet and a bit tangy from the peaches.  The cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top give them a bit of crunch.  Very, very yummy, warm and perfect for breakfast.  A great way to dress up ordinary crescent rolls.

Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...