Jun 20, 2013

Dollar Store Recommendations Part 2

About 6 months ago I shared with you my list of dollar store recommendations specifically from the
 Dollar Tree Store.  Today I wanted to share a part 2 of that series because I keep finding great things that I love from that store.  I also have a few at the end of the list that I couldn't find on the website but you might be able to find them in a store near you so don't just go by the pictures-check out the whole list.



1. Spray bottles: I honestly don't know what the going rate of a spray bottle is at any other store but when I saw these at the dollar store my only hang up was, "Do they work?" and I am here to tell you that they do work-GREAT!!

2. Microfiber Dish Cloths: These work great for mopping floors, washing dishes and as rags.  

3. Printed Shelf Liners: I don't actually use this as shelf liners but use it to cover things (boxes, binders etc).  I couldn't find it on the website but I have also bought the clear contact paper and it works great for at home "laminating".

4. Stor It Cover Ups: They are like little shower caps for your dishes.  They are super handy, I wash mine so they can be reused and the box comes with 3 different sizes in one.  I think it is a great buy.

5. Muffin Liners: Depending on sales and coupons you may find these for cheaper elsewhere.  These ones are great too.

6. Hawaiian Punch Singles To Go: These are a fun "reward" for kids on long trips.  We dump one into a water bottle and it seems to provide enough excitement to keep a kid happy for a while longer.  And they are sugar free if that makes a difference to you.

7. Clear Decorative Rocks:  I use these a lot to make magnets (decorative ones, or job chart ones etc.)  Once in a while you find a dud but overall you get your moneys worth for sure.

8. Dry Erase Markers: I know these are one of those items that you would for sure wonder if it is worth it but I have some that I bought for my in home preschool and they work great.  They last a long time, hold up pretty well (even when being smashed by a 3 year old trying to write) and the marker doesn't just immediately rub off of the whiteboard surface.  I think they are a great buy.

9. Kid scissors: I particularly like these ones because they have a little spring that you can put in place to help kids first learning to cut.  The spring helps the scissors spring back.  We have had the same pair for 3 year and they haven't had a single problem.

10. Glitter Glue: To me this is one of those items that it doesn't really matter how good the quality is if you are getting these for little kids because they are going to think it is cool, squeeze out a whole blob on a paper and then repeat on a million more papers until it is all gone.  $1.00 to entertain like that for a 1/2 hour is well worth it to me.  I even found some in pastel colors: pink, yellow, green, blue and purple.

11. Flash Cards: I haven't bought these particular Sesame Street ones but I have bought flashcards from the Dollar Tree and I love them.  They have so many kinds to choose from.  I hole punch the corners and put them on a ring to keep them all together.  

12. Bubble Bath Books: I use these for a teething baby; it's better than ruining a good book with baby drool.

13. Strawberry Shortcake Coloring Books:  I am not sure of the going rate of coloring books at any store really but I love these ones and my girls do too.  They are good quality and so stinkin cute.  Makes me want to take up coloring again.  Great for gifts too (just don't buy the crayons or colored pencils at the Dollar Tree to go with these :)

14. Bingo Dabbers: I use these for preschool.

15. Muffin Pans: I am not sure how great these are for baking (though I am sure they are okay) but I use them for gifts like burp cloth cupcakes, or cupcake onesies and also for preschool for sorting colors, counting objects, or holding supplies.  

16.  Foaming Hand Soap: They didn't have a picture of the foaming hand soap so I used this antibacterial hand soap picture instead but I really want to tell you about the foaming hand soap.  It is awesome and I keep reusing the bottles by making my own hand soap to go in them.  I have found a pomegranate scent, a coconut lime scent, and a fresh laundry scent.

17. Barbie Tooth Brush (not pictured): I just found these for my girls.  A barbie tooth brush, with a little cover and a cute little case.  They were in heaven.  I mean if a new toothbrush can bring so much joy then I will be happy to stock up.

18. Boxed Milk (not pictured): The brand is Gossner.  It comes in a tetrapack.  I have not actually drank it just by itself but I am sure it is comparable to reconstituted powdered milk or better.  I do however use it in baking ALL THE TIME.  I would recommend this as something to have in your emergency storage-for those times when you run out of milk and can't get to the store, or an after hours baking spree in which you don't want to use up all the regular milk.  I have used it on my girls oatmeal and they didn't seem to notice.  It is easier to use than powdered milk and super handy to have.  

19. Soy Sauce (not pictured): just saying that I have used it and it tastes totally normal to me and it is a decent amount for $1.00.  

20. Stor It Jumbo Freezer Bags (not pictured): I just happened to find these when I was looking for paper bags one time in the store.  They are freezer bags that are bigger than the 1 gallon size.  I mean, how many times do you have something that is just a hair too big for a gallon sized bag?  Happens to me a lot.  These are perfect.  I think there are like 10 to a box or something.  Maybe I am just a sucker for a zip top bag, but these are great.

Ok, so there you have it and I will keep shopping so I can get back and post a part 3 (because they always get great new stuff).

Have you tried anything from the Dollar Tree store that you just love?  Please share.
Pin It!
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I love the dollar store - my husband is convinced I must buy repeats of items because he says there is no other way someone could possible spend as much as I do at the store
    I love it for craft supplies for my little one and myself
    Ours started to carry better quality items but at a 2 to 3 dollar price - still a great deal when you compare it to another store
    Thank you
    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. April, I noticed when I was in Saskatchewan last time a Dollar Tree store. Maybe they are making their way up north. There is a dollar store in my mom's town that sells stuff for 2 or 3 dollars and I love it. I have found some of the best stuff there.

      Delete
  2. I love your dollar store recommendations. I started using the super large zip lock bags and the bubble soap from your last one, and I love some of these new ideas. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...